These chorizo and egg tacos bring me back to my childhood every time. They are so easy, quick, and super delicious! Pair with breakfast potatoes or refried beans and enjoy.
- 1 block of tofu, extra firm
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/2–3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup vegan chorizo
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk or vegan sour cream (optional but highly recommended)
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp black salt (Kala Namak)
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat pan on medium heat and once it’s hot, add oil and onion. Cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
Use your hands to crumble the tofu into the pan. Make sure to not crumble it too much because it will continue to crumble in the pan. Fry it along with the onions.
After 2-3 minutes add about 1/4 cup vegetable broth and your crumbled tofu.
Add vegan chorizo, seasonings, and stir in until well incorporated. Cook for about 5 minutes adding splashes of vegetable broth throughout as it dries up.
- Finally, add coconut milk or vegan sour cream and cook for another 2 minutes.
Once it is done serve with tortillas, and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 2 servings
Keywords: eggs and chorizo, vegan chorizo, egg and chorizo tacos, eggs and chorizo tacos, vegan chorizo tacos