This coconut pumpkin curry is cozy, comforting, flavorful, and nutritious! It’s also super easy to make and perfect for the winter months. It’s one of those dishes that everyone can enjoy because it’s vegan, nutritious, there is also a gluten-free option. Did I mention it’s also super easy to make?!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 3–4 Tbsp Red Curry Paste (I used Thai Kitchen)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos (low sodium)
- 2–3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2–3 cups Vegetable Broth (depends how thick you want it)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup Pumpkin or Butternut Squash, diced/cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeño
- 1 red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1 cup Cashews, roasted
- Salt to taste
- Use a large cutting board to dice/mince and prep all of your vegetables.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add a splash of vegetable broth, ginger, garlic, onion, peppers and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add more veg broth splashes as needed.
- Add curry paste and sauté for a few more minutes. Continue adding splashes of veg broth to prevent from sticking to the pot.
- Add butternut squash/pumpkin and red bell pepper. Sauté for about 5 more minutes.
- Add coconut milk, pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, coconut sugar, soy sauce, salt and bring to a very low simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes has passed, taste the broth and adjust spices and seasonings to taste.
- Add broccoli and simmer for 5 more minutes. Take out about 1 cup of pumpkin and butternut squash chunks. Blend and add puree back into the pot. This helps create a thicker broth.
- Turn pot off and add cashews. Serve immediately and top off with fresh cilantro, Thai basil and chili flakes.
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: coconut pumpkin curry, vegan thai curry, pumpkin curry, vegan curry