These savory and protein-packed chickpea frittata muffins will make your mornings much easier. Perfect for on-the-go vegan breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1–2 jalapeños, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan chorizo (optional)
- 1/4–1/2 cup vegan cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp salt or 1/2 tsp black salt + 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Finely dice vegetables and set aside.
- Add dry ingredients: chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, spices/seasonings, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl and whisk until well incorporated.
- Add water to bowl and whisk until a smooth, watery mixture is created.
- Add diced veggies, cheese and vegan chorizo into the mix.
- Lightly grease muffin tray and pour 1/2 cup portions of the mixture into muffin tray. Add a bit more vegan cheese on top if desired.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Once they are done baking, let them cool off for 2 hours before taking out.
- Serve with guacamole, vegan sour cream, salsa, cilantro and enjoy!
*let them fully cool before removing from muffin tin
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Vegan breakfast, savory muffins, vegan muffins, chickpea flour, chickpea flour frittata muffins, chickpea flour omelet, vegan egg recipe