This shredded King Oyster Mushroom Recipe is perfect for tacos and a variety of other dishes. It is super easy to make, nutritious, and 100% plant-based. Make it for an easy Mexican-inspired weeknight dinner with a side of beans and rice or as a filling!
- 1 pound of King Oyster Mushrooms (about 6 medium mushrooms)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce, tamari or salsa maggie
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 1–2 tbsp avocado oil
- 8–10 corn tortillas
- 1/2 small onion
- Salsa of choice
- Lime wedges
- Use a fork to shred king oyster mushrooms.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Turn a pan on medium-high heat and oil. Once the oil is hot, add shredded mushroom and cook for about 5-6 minutes. Add sauce/spices blend to the mushrooms and cook until golden brown or until the texture is to your preference.
- Warm-up tortillas on a skillet, and assemble your tacos.
Air Fryer option:
1. Follow steps 1-3 from above. Air fry for 8-10 minutes at 375 F until desired texture is achieved.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Tacos
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: vegan mushroom tacos, king oyster mushroom tacos, vegan carnitas recipe,