Sopa Tarasca is a comforting and low-effort bean soup recipe that requires a few basic ingredients and about 20 minutes of time. This soup is high in protein and the perfect way to create a whole new dish with beans.
- 2 cups cooked beans (see above)
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 2–3 garlic cloves
- 1 chile guajillo, dried
- 2 cups vegetable broth (see above)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Poblano pepper, roasted, peeled and cut into strips
- Tortilla strips or tortilla chips
- Vegan sour cream
- Queso fresco
- Turn a griddle on medium-high heat and roast tomatoes, onion, and garlic until all sides are charred. Alternatively, roast in the oven or air fryer at 400F for 12-15 minutes or until they have a charred color to them.
- Roast guajillo pepper for 30 seconds on each side, de-stem, and deseed, and add to a blender along with the roasted tomatoes, onion, garlic, beans, and broth.
- Turn a large pot on medium heat and add oil. Slowly pour in your bean-tomato puree, season with salt, and pepper, and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve immediately and top off with vegan sour cream, poblano pepper strips, tortilla strips, and whatever else you desire 🙂 ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican