The best gluten-free, vegan, high-protein chocolate chip cookie recipe. These cookies are made with wholesome ingredients that leave you feeling satisfied as well as energized! They are perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up or a healthy dessert.
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup applesauce or flax/chia egg*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond flour or 1 cup almond 1 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flax meal with water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl use a whisk to mix the vegan butter, coconut sugar, almond butter*, flax egg until smoothly combined. You can also use food processor instead of whisking.
- Add the baking soda and salt evenly over the top and mix in. Add almond flour next. By hand, fold in the chocolate chips.
- With a small scoop or spoon, portion the dough with about 2 tablespoons and roll into balls. Shap them into what actual cookies will look like since these do not expand much.
Bake for 11 to 12 minutes until the edges are just beginning to brown. The cookies will feel dry on the top and edges but slightly molten and under-baked underneath. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to the cooling rack for an additional 10 minutes before eating.
- Serving Size: 10-12 servings