This lemon orzo salad is perfect for spring or summer picnics, barbecues, and potlucks. It’s packed with protein and nutritious veggies but it’s also fresh, savory, light, and herby!
- 10 oz Orzo, dried
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 zucchini
- 1–2 shallots
- 1 tomato
- 3 avocados
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente according to bag/package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, dice the zucchini, shallots, tomato, and portobello mushrooms. Set aside.
- Open can of chickpeas, drain, and rinse.
- Turn a skillet over medium heat and cook the mushrooms to your liking. Set aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain immediately and add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to prevent sticking. Let it cool completely before adding the vegetables.
- Once the pasta is cool, cut the avocado into cubes and add all the chopped vegetables along with the lemon juice, parsley, the rest of the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or serve as is. It keeps in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Salads
- Method: Stove
- Serving Size: 10 servings