These fluffy, vegan, gluten-free, blueberry pancakes are perfect for a weekend breakfast/brunch. They are made with oat flour making them diabetes-friendly and low glycemic!
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons of water
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup oatmeal made with rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- Make flax egg by combining water and flaxseed meal in a small bowl. Beat and let it rest.
- Add all the wet ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix about 1 1/2 cup of rolled oats to make 1 1/4 cup of oatmeal.
- Add the oatmeal, baking powder, and baking soda to the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients. Also add flax egg.
- Beat until well combined. Add the blueberries.
- Turn the pan to medium heat and spray with nonstick spray or use a teaspoon of vegan butter.
- Pour about 1/2 cup batter into skillet and cook until small bubbles form or about 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat the previous step until we use all the dough. Serve and top with fresh berries, nut butter, and maple syrup.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Serving Size: 6-8 servings