This oatmeal carrot cake is perfectly wholesome, delicious, and nutritious! Made with wholesome ingredients such as oats, carrots, walnuts, greek yogurt, and spices. Make this for a special occasion or simply for breakfast.
- 2 1/2 cups Bakery on Main rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup walnuts or walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cup carrot grated
Glazed cream cheese:
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan Greek yogurt*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish with 1 tablespoon vegan butter.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and add to a large mixing bowl along with the non-dairy milk, maple syrup, ground flaxseed and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate the carrots.
- Add oatmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts, grated carrots, and salt to the wet ingredients and combine well.
- Pour into a baking dish and bake for 40 minutes until golden, crisp on the edges and soft on the inside.
- Serve hot and top with cream cheese frosting if desired.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 40
- Serving Size: 6-8 servings