The best homemade oat milk recipe from scratch using only 4 ingredients. This oat milk is creamy, perfectly sweetened, and not slimy! Everyone that’s tasted it vows that it tastes better than Oatly, but you be the judge of that.
Why make this homemade oat milk recipe?
Homemade oat milk is inexpensive, creamy, delicious and low waste. Follow this easy, 4-ingredient recipe along with my tips and tricks to get oat milk that tastes even better than Oatly. Once you give it a try, you’ll say goodbye to store bought milk!
Store bought plant-based milks will always be more processed. They are convenient but when you make your own milk at home you avoid the extra oils, preservatives and thickening agents. Make sure you follow the tips and tricks below to get the perfect consistency and flavor.
Tips for the BEST Oat Milk:
1. Use ice cold water! This helps prevent the slimy texture that some get when they make oat milk.
2. Rolled oats are the best kind of oats to use for making milk. Quick oats and steel cut oats won’t work well, I promise.
3. Try to use organic and certified gluten-free oats. My favorite brand is Bakery on Main!
4. Double strain your oat milk to get rid of as much sediment as possible.
5. Use a cheese cloth or nut milk bag to strain for best results. Second best option would be a thin towel.
6. Sweeteners are optional — if using dates make sure they are pitted and soaked in hot water first.
Can you make oat milk without a blender?
If you have a food processor you can use that instead of a blender to blend oats into oat flour and then blend together with ice water. I have not made oat milk without a blender or food processor but if you have, let me know! 🙂
This Homemade Oat Milk Recipe will pair perfectly with:
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Homemade Oat Milk
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 4 1x
The best homemade oat milk recipe from scratch using only 4 ingredients. This oat milk is creamy, perfectly sweetened, and not slimy!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 8 cups ice cold water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or 2 Medjool dates
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Use a cheese cloth or a nut milk bag to strain oat milk.
- Transfer oat milk to a sealable container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
*make sure you use ice cold water
*avoid over blending! ONLY blend for 30 seconds.
- Prep Time: 10
- Serving Size: 1 cup
One thought on “Homemade Oat Milk”
I found your blog site on google and test a couple of of your early posts. Proceed to maintain up the excellent operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. Looking for ahead to studying extra from you afterward!…