The best homemade oat milk recipe from scratch using only 4 ingredients. This oat milk is creamy, perfectly sweetened, and not slimy! Everyone that’s tasted it vows that it tastes better than Oatly, but you be the judge of that.
Why make this homemade oat milk recipe?
Tips for the BEST Oat Milk:
1. Use ice cold water! This helps prevent the slimy texture that some get when they make oat milk.
2. Rolled oats are the best kind of oats to use for making milk. Quick oats and steel cut oats won’t work well, I promise.
3. Try to use organic and certified gluten-free oats. My favorite brand is Bakery on Main!
4. Double strain your oat milk to get rid of as much sediment as possible.
5. Use a cheese cloth or nut milk bag to strain for best results. Second best option would be a thin towel.
6. Sweeteners are optional — if using dates make sure they are pitted and soaked in hot water first.
Can you make oat milk without a blender?
If you have a food processor you can use that instead of a blender to blend oats into oat flour and then blend together with ice water. I have not made oat milk without a blender or food processor but if you have, let me know! 🙂