These vegan potato and carrot flautas are crispy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside. They are perfect for celebrating cinco de mayo, Mexican independence day, or just a fun weeknight dinner with the family.
- 12–14 corn tortillas or 8–10 flour tortillas
- 6 small potatoes
- 3–4 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup vegan chorizo (see above)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2–1 tsp salt or to taste
- Shredded cabbage
- Diced tomatoes
- Avocado slices
- Salsa Verde
- Queso Fresco
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook potatoes for 10-15 minutes depending on their size.
- Poke with a fork to check for doneness and then drain, and set aside to cool off. Once cooled, peel potatoes and mash.
- Meanwhile, the potatoes are cooking or cooling off, shred your carrots and add them to a large mixing bowl to season with cumin, onion powder, pepper, and salt.
- Turn a large pan on medium heat. Once hot, add oil and diced onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- Next, add shredded carrots and pan-fry for about 3 minutes and then add vegan chorizo to cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add water and potato puree. Mix everything together and turn the heat off after about 3 minutes.
- Turn a griddle on medium-high heat to heat up your tortillas. Heat up for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Place tortilla on a cutting board and add 1 spoonful of carrot-potato filling and roll up to form a flauta or taquito.
- Repeat step 8 until all flautas have been made. Brush lightly with oil and place in air fryer at 390 F for 7-10 minutes until golden crispy.
- Serve with shredded cabbage, salsa, avocado, cheese, and diced tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: mains
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: potato flautas, potato taquitos, vegan taquitos, vegan flautas