My favorite food to air-fry is definitely tofu so let me tell you how to get the best results!
(Baking option included)
Tips and tricks:⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Season tofu with garlic powder. Garlic powder will provide extra flavor as well as a more meaty/crispy texture.
- Use sauces! My favorite sauces to use include soy sauce, tamari, sweet chili sauce and sriracha. Use sauces before air frying AND after for best results.
- Nutritional yeast….THE BEST! TRY IT! It acts as a flour-like breading to coat the surface for extra crispiness and of course flavor.
- Freeze and fully defrost tofu before cooking. This texture is unreal and pretty similar to chicken. Make sure to press your tofu or buy high protein tofu.
- Air fry at 375 for 22-25 minutes. Flip/mix every 7-8 minutes to cook evenly. Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes also flipping every 7-8 minutes for best results.
- PRO TIP: If you’re baking it use a silicone mat! This will help you achieve an ultimate level of crisp that you can normally only get using an air fryer. I have linked the one I have.