Enfrijoladas are corn tortillas soaked in a black bean mixture and topped with queso fresco (fresh cheese), avocado, and cilantro. This dish is authentic, very simple, delicious, and easy to make!
- 2.5 cups of cooked black beans or beans of choice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8–10 corn tortillas
- Salt to taste
- Vegan Queso Fresco
- Set a medium pan on medium-high heat and add oil. Once hot, add diced onion and Serrano pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add cooked black beans (or beans of choice) to pan and let heat up completely. Once heating up, mash with the back of a spatula or potato masher.
- Once beans have been mashed well, add vegetable broth, stir in slowly, and bring to a simmer.
- Turn down to a low simmer to avoid drying them out and submerge one tortilla at a time. Make sure to fully cover tortilla in bean mixture for at least 1 minute but not longer to avoid it getting too soggy.
- Repeat the process until all tortillas have been dunked and covered in bean mixture.
- Serve on a plate and add vegan queso fresco, cilantro and avocado!
*best when fresh
*can keep in fridge for up to 5 days
*can blend bean mixture for smoother consistency
- Category: Mains
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 2 enfrijoladas
Keywords: enfrijoladas, vegan mexican recipes, easy mexican recipes, simple vegan recipes