Huaraches de Nopal are a recreation of the typical Mexican “Huaraches” made from masa harina (corn flour). The nopal replaces the huarache and then it is topped off with refried beans, savory “Pollo (tofu) Asado, avocado, salsa, and cilantro. It’s flavorful, authentic, diabetes-friendly, and easy to make!
- 6 nopales, whole and peeled
- 2 cups refried beans
- Mexican-style Grilled Chicken
- 1–2 avocados
- Salsa of choice
- Cilantro (optional)
- Lime juice (optional)
- Turn griddle or grill on medium-high heat.
- Season nopales with salt and grill on each side for 6-7 minutes or until charred/grill marks appear on both sides.
- Once they are ready, serve on a plate and top with refried beans, vegan Pollo Asado (Mexican-style grilled chicken), avocado, and salsa!
- Category: Mexican
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: huaraches de nopal, healthy mexican recipes, diabetes friendly recipes