This Salsa Macha recipe is a spicy, oil-based chili that is perfect to add to any authentic Mexican dish. It’s nutty, savory, and super easy to make!
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup Chile de arbol (seeds taken out), chopped
- 2 chiles pasilla, chopped
- 1/2 cup garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp piloncillo or brown sugar
- Use gloves to remove stems and take the seeds out of the dried chilies de arbol and pasilla chilies.
- Mince garlic. Use a share knife to chop chillies into small pieces. Alternatively, you can add all ingredients besides the pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds to a food processor.
- Once the garlic is minced and chilies are processed or chopped, add everything to a bowl.
- Heat up the avocado oil on the stove low-medium heat for 7-10 minutes. Place the tip of a chopstick in the oil to see if it bubbles. If it bubbles, it is ready.
- Immediately pour hot oil over the salsa mocha ingredients. Mix well and once it has cooled off, try it with a tortilla chip. Store it in a tightly sealed container for up to 4 weeks.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Salsas
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: salsa macha, mexican chili oil, salsa macha recipe,