Homemade sweet and sour tofu that’s better than take-out! The pineapple gives it the perfect hint of sweetness and extra flavor. Pair this easy tofu dish with rice and your favorite veggie!
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tsp ginger
- 2 Tsp garlic
- 1/4 cup pineapple or lemon juice
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 2-4 Tbsp maple syrup*
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari (low sodium)
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch (optional)
- Freeze and defrost tofu for best results (optional).
- Preheat oven to 425 F (air fryer option below). Press tofu with a clean dish towel to make as dry as possible. Dice tofu into even pieces, make them no bigger than about 3/4 of an inch big.
- Add tofu cubes into a mixing bowl and add soy sauce, mix until well incorporated.
- Add nutritional yeast, corn starch and garlic powder. Mix well until tofu is well covered.
- Place your silicone baking sheets on top of your baking trays and begin adding tofu to trays. Avoid having tofu pieces too close to each other.
- Bake for about 15 minutes and then flip the tofu cubes. Bake for about another 25 minutes depending on how crunchy you’d like it.
- Follow steps above and instead of baking, air fry at 390 F for 20-30 minutes depending on how crispy you want it. Shake them around every 7-8 minutes to help them cook evenly.
- Add all sauce ingredients except corn starch and 1/4 cup cold water to a pan and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Make corn starch slurry by whisking together corn starch and 1/4 cup cold water. Add to sauce after it has been simmering for 10 minutes.
- Simmer for another 3 minutes while stirring and then add the baked or air fried tofu.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Tofu
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 4 servings
Keywords: sweet and sour tofu, vegan tofu recipe, pineapple tofu