Get ready for the best vegan chili recipe that is super easy to make and slow cooker-friendly. This hearty chili is protein-packed with kidney beans, chickpeas, black beans, and corn. Your perfect boost of iron, protein, fiber, and vitamin C!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper or zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 small can (6oz) of tomato paste
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (28 oz) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 3 cups vegetable broth (water + vegan better than bouillon)
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup guajillo or regular chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Vegan sour cream
- Green onions
- Nutritional Yeast
- Dice onion, bell pepper and jalapeño. Open all cans, drain, but do not rinse.
- Put a large pot on medium heat, add the oil and sauté onion and bell pepper. After about 5 minutes add minced garlic and jalapeño and sauté for about another 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, spices, and a splash of vegetable broth to the pot and cook for 5 minutes to release all the flavors of the spices. Stir frequently here to avoid sticking.
- Add canned tomatoes, rest of broth, tomato sauce, and beans. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Top with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
- This recipe is also slow cooker friendly. Make sure to dissolve the tomato paste and mix everything together well. Add all ingredients (besides toppings) to slow cooker and cook for 5 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove, Slow-cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8 servings
Keywords: vegan chili, easy vegan chili recipe, vegan chili recipe, vegan chili slow cooker