Kimchi fried rice is a tangy, slightly spicy, comforting dish that’s super easy to make. It’s made with only 8 main ingredients and perfect for a lazy weeknight dinner or after a night out.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3/4 cup kimchi, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (tamari if gf)
- 1 tablespoon kimchi juice (from jar)
- 1/2 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Black sesame seeds
- Nori strips
- Green onion
- Turn a large pan on medium heat and add neutral oil. Once hot, add chopped onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add kimchi and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the cooked rice, soy sauce, kimchi juice, and toasted sesame oil. Fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring every minute or so. If you’d like it slightly crispy at the bottom, cook on high for an extra minute or two without stirring.
- Serve immediately and add toppings as desired.
*add fresh kimchi on top for extra that crunch and more flavor
*refrigerate for up to 5 days
- Category: Rice
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Korean
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: vegan kimchi fried rice, kimchi fried rice, easy kimchi fried rice