Mexican Potatoes are simple but incredibly flavorful and satisfying. Super easy diced potatoes pan-fried with tomato, onion, and Serrano peppers. It’s one of those dishes that once you try once, you’ll be making again and again.
- 5–6 medium potatoes
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1–2 serrano peppers
- 2–3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Peel potatoes and then dice them into even 1/4 inch cube-sized pieces.
- Dice tomatoes, onion, and Serrano peppers.
- Turn a large pan on medium heat and add oil. Once hot, add diced potatoes to the pan and begin cooking while stirring every 1-2 minutes.
- After about 8-10 minutes, try a potato cube to see if it is soft/cooked. Once potatoes are almost cooked, add onions, tomatoes, and pepper.
- Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until tomatoes cook down and give the potatoes a nice reddish color. Turn pan off and set aside.
- Serve potatoes with tortillas as tacos or in a white flour tortilla as a burrito. Add queso fresco or sour cream and enjoy!
*I’ve never made these without oil, my mom says it’s a must for this recipe so I listen to mom.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Keywords: mexican potatoes, papas a la mexicana, easy vegan potatoes