An easy and authentic salsa verde recipe that you’ll make you want to make in large batches to have with tacos, nachos, burritos, and more! The roasted tomatillos and peppers add the perfect flavor to this tangy, slightly spicy salsa.
- 8–10 tomatillos
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1–2 medium serrano peppers
- 1/4 white or yellow onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves or stems
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- Peel and rinse your tomatillos. Turn a griddle on medium-high heat.
- Once the griddle is hot, add tomatillos, pepper/s, garlic, and onion. Roast for 5 minutes on each side or until they are blackened and blistered. Watch the garlic because this one can burn easily so you want to roast it for 2-3 minutes instead of 5 minutes on each side.
- Once roasted, cool off for at least 10 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend! Taste and adjust salt/pepper and needed. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 16 oz