You’ll love this quick, easy, and super satisfying 1 pot taco recipe! This Monday through Friday dinner can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 4 cups of cooked green lentils
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes chopped with green chilies
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 3–4 chipotles in adobo, diced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Turn a large pot over medium heat and add a splash of vegetable broth. r! Once hot add the onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for one more minute.
- Add the rest of the vegetable broth as well as the chipotles, cumin, chili powder, maple syrup, and soy sauce. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes as well as the cooked lentils. Cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Taste and adjust salt / spices to taste. Add lemon juice last and serve with tortillas, over rice, or however you prefer.
* Excellent for preparing meals
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexicano
Keywords: Vegan, Mexican, Herbal, Lentils, Tacos, Vegan Tacos, Easy Vegan Recipe, Weekday Dinner