This easy Mexican salsa recipe is the perfect go-to tomato salsa for any Mexican dish! It’s flavorful, and authentic, and is made with only 3 simple ingredients. Make sure you make a large batch because you’ll run out faster than you think.
- 7–8 Roma tomatoes
- 7–8 chiles de arbol, (deseed- optional)
- 2–3 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Turn a griddle on medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, add your tomatoes, garlic, and chilies.
- Roast chilies for 20 seconds on each side and no more than that. They burn very easily so take these off as soon as you see them turn a bright red color.
- Roast the tomatoes until they are charred on all sides, about 10-15 minutes total.
- Roast garlic for 7-10 minutes on the outer edge of the griddle to avoid burning.
- Once everything is roasted, add it all to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a sealable container and let it cool off at room temperature.
- Once it has cooled off, place it in the refrigerator and use it as you please!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
Keywords: authentic mexican salsa, easy salsa recipe, easy mexican salsa recipe