This Mexican-style vegan chickpea tuna salad is next level! This vegan tuna salad is packed with nutrients, and flavor, and has the perfect texture from combining mashed chickpeas, shredded jackfruit, and meaty hearts of palm.
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 15 oz can of hearts of palm, drained
- 1 20 oz can of jackfruit in brine, drained and rinsed well
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4–6 sheets of nori (seaweed)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise (see above)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1–2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the hearts of palm, chickpeas, and especially jackfruit to get rid of the brine flavor.
- Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and mash them using the back of a spoon or a potato masher.
- Use your hands to shred the jackfruit apart. Use a paper towel to absorb excess liquid if possible. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Dice hearts of palm to your liking. I like dicing it into 1/4-inch pieces. Add to the mixing bowl. Use your hands to crumble the sheets of nori on top.
- Add everything to the mixing bowl along with the diced veggies, lime juice, mayonnaise, jalapenos, salt, and pepper.
- Mix everything together well, taste, and add lime/salt/pepper as needed. Serve with crackers, tostadas, or as a sandwich, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Salads
- Method: No-cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: vegan tuna salad, vegan chickpea tuna salad, mexican tuna salad