Get ready for the best vegan chili recipe that is super easy to make and slow cooker-friendly. This hearty chili is protein-packed with kidney beans, chickpeas, black beans, and corn. Your perfect boost of iron, protein, fiber, and vitamin C!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper or zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 small can (6oz) of tomato paste
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (28 oz) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 3 cups vegetable broth (water + vegan better than bouillon)
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup guajillo or regular chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Vegan sour cream
Dice onion, bell pepper and jalapeño. Open all cans, drain, but do not rinse.
Put a large pot on medium heat, add the oil and sauté onion and bell pepper. After about 5 minutes add minced garlic and jalapeño and sauté for about another 2 minutes.
Add tomato paste, spices, and a splash of vegetable broth to the pot and cook for 5 minutes to release all the flavors of the spices. Stir frequently here to avoid sticking.
Add canned tomatoes, rest of broth, tomato sauce, and beans. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
Top with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
- This recipe is also slow cooker friendly. Make sure to dissolve the tomato paste and mix everything together well. Add all ingredients (besides toppings) to slow cooker and cook for 5 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove, Slow-cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8 servings
Keywords: vegan chili, easy vegan chili recipe, vegan chili recipe, vegan chili slow cooker