This ginger tofu marinade will make anyone fall in love with tofu. It is savory, slightly sweet and will please all of your umami tastebuds.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons Tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 2–3 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or garlic powder
- 2–3 tablespoons maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or chili sauce of your choice (optional)
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons sauce (from above)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and beat until well incorporated.
- Add the sauce to a skillet over medium-low heat and cook for 5 minutes until thickened. Stir constantly.
- Add the tofu to the skillet and coat evenly with the sauce.
- Serve over brown rice and top with green onions!
- Freeze, thaw completely, and press tofu before cooking. (OPTIONAL but results in great texture).
- Cut the tofu into 3/4-inch cubes or use your hands to break it into pieces like nuggets.
- Add the tofu to a mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the sweet and savory sauce and coat evenly.
- Add garlic powder and nutritional yeast. Coat evenly.
- Fry in the air at 390 ° for 18-20 minutes. Flip every 7-8 minutes to cook evenly OR bake at 400 for 24-28 minutes and also flip every 7-8 minutes for best results.
- Check it for crispiness and dip it in the sauce!
- Category: Tofu
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 4 servings
Keywords: ginger tofu, saucy tofu, tofu marinade, sweet ginger tofu,