Get ready to taste the best sweet ginger tofu marinade of your life! This saucy, savory tofu is so easy to make and will most likely become a weekly favorite in your household.
What is Ginger Tofu Marinade?
There is nothing like a savory & slightly sweet sauce to coat some crispy air-fried or baked tofu! This versatile and super easy-to-make sauce with only 7 ingredients will blow your mind. It is a sauce made with lots of ginger that balances out perfectly with the other ingredients. Here are the ingredients used in this recipe:
- Vegetable broth
- Tamari OR soy sauce
- Maple syrup or brown sugar
- Sriracha or chili sauce
This is the perfect sauce to use for tofu as well as veggie stir-fry, baked tempeh and so much more. It is savory, sweet, simple and will please all of your umami taste buds. Make sure to check out my tips and tricks to get the perfect tofu as well!
Check out these general tips to achieve best texture when cooking tofu!
General Tips and Tricks:
- Season tofu with garlic powder. Garlic powder will provide extra flavor as well as a more meaty/crispy texture.
- Use sauces! My favorite sauces to use include soy sauce, tamari, sweet chili sauce and sriracha. Use sauces before air frying AND after for best results. In this case I already give you a recipe for a sauce to use.
- Nutritional yeast….THE BEST! TRY IT! It acts as a flour-like breading to coat the surface for extra crispiness and of course flavor.
- Freeze and fully defrost tofu before cooking. This texture is unreal and pretty similar to chicken. Make sure to press your tofu or buy high protein tofu. You can press your tofu after it has defrosted fully.
- Air fried tofu is the best tofu! Air fry at 375 for 22-25 minutes. Flip/mix every 7-8 minutes to cook evenly. You can also bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes also flipping every 7-8 minutes for best results.
- PRO TIP: If you’re baking it use a silicone mat! This will help you achieve an ultimate level of crisp that you can normally only get using an air fryer. I have linked the one I have.