These baked vegan chai donuts will blow your mind. Made with wholesome ingredients like oat flour, gluten-free flour, chai spices, and almond milk. These donuts are the perfect fall dessert.
- 1 cup Gluten-free Flour
- 1 cup @bakeryonmain Oat Flour
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Bags of Chai Tea
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Spice*
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 & 1/4 cups Almond Milk
- 1 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 2-4 tsp Soy or Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F (204 Celcius).
- In a small pot, simmer almond milk. Be careful to not burn it and as soon as it is about to boil turn it off.
- Steep the 3 bags of chai tea in the hot milk for 5 minutes.
- Add all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add milk tea and coconut oil to a separate small bowl and mix well.
- Pour your wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and combine well but avoid over-mixing.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray and add batter slowly. Fill each donut mold about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Check with a toothpick before taking out.
- Let cool off. Meanwhile make your glaze by adding all glaze ingredients into a bowl and whisking together.
- Once donuts are completely cooled, dip them in the glaze bowl and set aside for another 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking