Vegan pumpkin bars because pie tastes better when eating it with your hands! These delicious pumpkin bars taste just like the traditional pumpkin pie and are made with a gluten-free crust out of oats, walnuts, and dates. Perfect for potlucks, family gatherings, and holiday parties!
- 2 cups Bakery on Main GF Rolled Oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 6 dates, pitted and soaked
- 2 tbsp flax meal and 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini vegan marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Soak dates in extra hot water for a few minutes. Prep flax egg by combining flax meal and water.
- Add 2 cups of rolled oats to a blender and blend until oat flour is created. Set aside.
- Add walnuts to the food processor and process until crumb-like pieces form. Add oat flour, soaked dates, and flax egg. Process for 4-5 minutes until dough forms.
- Press the dough crust into the bottom of your loaf pan. Use the back of a spatula to flatten it out.
- Add all filling ingredients to the food processor and process until creamy and smooth.
- Add pumpkin filling on top of the crust and bake for 60 minutes.
- Add mini marshmallows and broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Take out and let cool off for 2-3 hours. Best if refrigerated overnight. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
Keywords: vegan pumpkin bars, vegan pumpkin pie bars, vegan pumpkin pie