Vegan pumpkin bars because pie tastes better when eating it with your hands! These delicious pumpkin bars taste just like the traditional pumpkin pie and are made with a gluten-free crust out of oats, walnuts, and dates. Perfect for potlucks, family gatherings, and holiday parties!
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Bars
The holidays are around the corner and you need to impress your family and friends with some delicious vegan goodies! Well this pumpkin pie bar is just that. It’s the classic pumpkin pie but in bar form, 100% gluten-free and vegan. Trust me when I tell you that you WON’T feel slumped and with low energy after eating one or even two of these.
Cut the squares as small as you’d like for parties or large holiday dinners. This will also decrease food waste and those that are hesitant to try them may want to try a small piece. However, they will be back for seconds, I can pretty much assure that! These vegan pumpkin pie bars will be the talk of the party.
Wholesome and Simple Ingredients:
- Rolled Oats – I use Bakery on Main certified gluten-free oats!
- Walnuts – Pecans work nicely as well!
- Dates – soaked medjool dates.
- Ground Flax + Water – to make flax egg.
- Pumpkin puree (or try sweet potato puree!)
- Coconut milk (full-fat)
- Maple Syrup (or agave)
- Pumpkin Spice – store bought or homemade
- Vanilla extract
- Marshmallows (optional) – make sure they are vegan!
This is how the crust should appear after everything has been processed in the food processor:
Use your hands to mold it into dough. The texture should appear like this:
For the Best Vegan Pumpkin Pie Bars:
- Let cool off overnight for best texture or for at least 2-3 hours at room temperature and 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Make sure to use corn starch to get the best results