Fresh and vibrant pepita pesto! This vegan version of pesto is one of the most vibrant and flavorful pestos you will try. It is also much more affordable because it requires pepitas instead of pine nuts and nutritional yeast instead of parmesan.
- 2 cups Fresh Basil
- 3 tbsp Pepita Seeds
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 tbsp water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil a small pot of water and blanch basil leaves. Dunk in hot water for 30 seconds and then immediately move over to a bowl of ice cold water.
- After 2 minutes take basil leaves out and pat them dry.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend together until pesto sauce is formed.
- I always like to add a drizzle of olive oil after serving it to give it that authentic feel.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 2
- Category: sauces
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan pesto, easy pesto, homemade pesto, pepita pesto