This vegan berry galette is the best way to celebrate the spring! It is filled with a perfectly sweet, mixed berry filling and baked to perfection. The best part is that it’s made with wholesome ingredients, it’s high in fiber, protein, and 100% gluten-free!
- 2 cups Bakery on Main GF Rolled Oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 7 dates, pitted and soaked
- 2 tbsp flax meal and 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Soak dates in extra hot water for a few minutes. Prep flax egg by combining flax meal and water.
- Slice strawberries in half or quarters. Add all filling ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine well.
- Add all berries into the mixing bowl and stir in until evenly coated in the mixture. Set aside.
- Add 2 cups of rolled oats to a blender and blend until oat flour is created. Set aside.
- Add walnuts to the food processor and process until crumb-like pieces form. Add oat flour, soaked dates, and flax egg. Process for 4-5 minutes until dough forms. If sticky, add a bit more oat flour.
- Make a dough ball with your hands and use your hands or a rolling pin to flatten it out and create about a 10-12 inch crust that is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Leave about an inch border around the edge of the crust and arrange the berries on top of the dough.
- Fold the edges of the crust towards the center and over about 1 inch of the berries.
- Pour the remaining filling mixture over the berries and bake for 30-35 minutes until the berries are cooked and the edges of the galette are brown and slightly crispy.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 slice
Keywords: berry galette, vegan berry galette, spring desserts, vegan desserts fro spring