Fresh and vegan caprese bruschetta on top of Crispy grilled bread! It is such a satisfying appetizer that is super easy to make and can be ready in under 20 minutes.
- 1 loaf of bread*
- 4–5 fresh tomatoes
- 15–20 basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package of vegan mozzarella*
- 1–2 cloves of garlic
- 1–2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Cut tomatoes in half and scoop out the watery part of the tomato. Finely chop tomatoes and basil leaves. Slice vegan mozzarella. See notes above for my favorite store bought mozzarella.
- Add chopped tomatoes and basil to a small mixing bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Turn a griddle on medium heat. Cut loaf of bread into slices, drizzle with olive oil and grill on a griddle for about 3 minutes on each side or until slightly crispy on each side.
- Peel garlic clove and rub directly on the crispy bread. Add a slice of vegan mozzarella, fresh bruschetta and then top off with drizzles of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Enjoy as an appetizer or pair with your favorite salad/pasta dish!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: appetizers
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: caprese bruschetta, vegan mozzarella, vegan caprese, vegan bruschetta