The easiest, crispy tofu you can making in the air fryer or oven. Add these tofu bites to salads, soups, pasta, or eat them just as snacks! They are savory, flavorful and high-protein.
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari (low sodium)
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Freeze and defrost tofu for best results (optional).
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Open tofu packets and press tofu with a clean dish towel to make as dry as possible. Dice tofu into even pieces, make them no bigger than about 3/4 of an inch big.
- Add garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper into mixing bowl. Combine together. Briefly dunk tofu in a small bowl of soy sauce/tamari and then dunk tofu pieces into mixing bowl and mix gently until fully covered in nutritional yeast/garlic powder mix. If not using soy sauce or Tamari you can also dunk in plant-based milk before adding the coating.
- Place your silicone baking sheets on top of your baking trays and begin adding tofu to trays. Avoid having tofu pieces too close to each other.
- Bake for about 15 minutes and then flip the tofu cubes. Bake for about another 25 minutes depending on how crunchy you’d like it.
- Follow steps above and instead of baking, air fry at 350 F for 12-16 minutes depending on how crispy you want it. Move them around every 7-8 minutes to help them cook evenly.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Tofu
- Method: Air Fryer, Oven