This Sweet Potato Quinoa Soup is the perfect cozy meal for when you want a quick low effort meal that is still satisfying and nutritious. It is balanced, savory, and has a variety of textures!
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1–2 cups of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 8–10 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lemon juice
- Fresh herbs
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Chili powder
- Prepare all the ingredients: peel and dice sweet potatoes. Open a can of beans, drain and rinse.
- Turn a pot on medium heat, add nutritional yeast, and toast for 2-3 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Next, add the oil and diced onions. Cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Next, add a few splashes of vegetable broth and tomato paste. Begin mixing the tomato paste in the broth to dissolve it. Add more broth if necessary. Once it’s dissolved, add the rest of the broth.
- Once the vegetable broth is boiling, add the diced sweet potato, quinoa, and spices/seasonings. Turn the heat down to a simmer. Cover and let cook for 12-14 minutes.
- Once the sweet potato is tender and the quinoa is cooked, add the black beans. Taste the broth and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Once the soup is finished, turn off the heat and add the baby spinach. Serve and top off with toppings of choice!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Keywords: fall soup recipe, sweet potato quinoa soup recipe, vegan soup recipe, nutritional yeast