You won’t regret making these supers soft, gooey, fluffy, vegan cinnamon rolls! They are perfect for a sweet vegan dessert.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour (for gluten-free or oatmeal option, see notes above)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon beet powder
- @bakeryonmain Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Granola (Crumbled)
- (Skip steps 1 and 2 if not using oatmeal.) Add Bakery on Main rolled oats to a blender and blend until 1 cup of oatmeal is formed.
- Add the oatmeal to a bowl with all-purpose GF flour or regular flour.
- Add room temperature almond milk and vegan butter to another bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until slightly warm. Avoid boiling or getting too hot.
- Add the butter and almond milk mixture to a large mixing bowl and add active dry yeast. Let stand for 8-10 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and salt to the melted butter, almond milk, and yeast mixture after 8-10 minutes. Mix well.
- Begin adding the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in 1/2 cup increments until a slightly sticky but firm dough texture forms.
- Knead the dough for no more than 1 minute. Lightly coat with canola or avocado oil and return to mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the filling ingredients. Mix in the cinnamon and brown sugar and let it rest. Measure out the butter and set it aside, it doesn’t melt yet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick that is rectangular in shape.
- Soften the butter and add to the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Add the mixture to the dough in a rectangular shape. Distribute evenly.
- Roll the dough tightly and place the seam side down. Cut the dough into 1.5-inch sections with a serrated knife or string. Place in a buttered 8×8-inch skillet and spread a little more butter on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. While baking, whip the frosting and crumble the dark chocolate granola. Once done, let it cool for 5-7 minutes, and then add the frosting and the dark chocolate sea salt crumbles.
- Prep Time: 1
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 8 servings