This vegan lentil curry soup is one of the most comforting, hearty, and nutritious meals to have year round. This protein and fiber-packed soup will also keep you nice and full! The flavors get better the next day so it’s also great for meal planning.
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can of whole coconut milk
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 medium carrots
- 2–3 cups of spinach
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion, sweet potato, and carrot. Mince the garlic.
- Turn a large pot over medium heat. Add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and curry powder. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomato paste, coconut milk, garam masala, and once boiling bring to a simmer. Add the lentils, carrots, and diced sweet potatoes. Cook over low heat for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add salt, pepper, and spices as needed. Try on the go.
- Once everything is cooked, turn off the stove and add the spinach. Mix gently and cook in hot soup for a few minutes.
- Serve and add fresh cilantro as a garnish.
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 6-8 servings
Keywords: vegan curry soup, 1 pot meals, easy vegan meals, vegan lentil curry soup