The incredibly comforting curry flavor but in the form of soup is such a game changer! This Vegan Lentil Curry Soup has all the cozy spices and savory flavors to slurp up with hearty lentils and sweet potatoes.. trust me, you’ll want seconds.
I think my favorite part about making this Vegan Lentil Curry Soup is looking forward to the next day when the soup gets richer in flavor and texture. It’s great for meal prepping or batch cooking, the flavors just get better the next day!
How to get the BEST Vegan Lentil Curry Soup:
I use a mix of green or brown lentils and split red lentils for best texture! The red lentils breakdown for the most part creating a thicker consistency for the soup. The brown or green lentils stay formed adding most of the texture. Use both for best results but cater to your preferences too!
Want to add kidney beans, chickpeas? Go for it! I am all about changing things up especially if you’ll enjoy it a bit more.
The sweet potatoes add amazing, hearty texture as well as a hint of sweetness! I highly recommend adding them in if possible.
Not a fan of sweet potatoes? Regular potatoes are also a great addition!
I love adding carrots but I have also enjoyed added mushrooms, celery and zucchini. Do you have any vegetables you’d like to add in?
I highly advise against using another substitute for this as it creates the best texture and taste!
However, if you need an alternative you can try making a cashew cream by soaking 3/4 cup cashews in hot water for a few hours and blending them with 2 cups water, salt and 1 tbsp sugar. It’s the closest you can get to a great consistency and flavor.
Serve with a nice slice of toasted sourdough bread … dip it in your curry soup and fall in love!
Vegan Lentil Curry Soup
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 8 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This vegan lentil curry soup is one of the most comforting, hearty, and nutritious meals to have year round. This protein and fiber-packed soup will also keep you nice and full! The flavors get better the next day so it’s also great for meal planning.
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can of whole coconut milk
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 medium carrots
- 2–3 cups of spinach
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion, sweet potato, and carrot. Mince the garlic.
- Turn a large pot over medium heat. Add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and curry powder. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomato paste, coconut milk, garam masala, and once boiling bring to a simmer. Add the lentils, carrots, and diced sweet potatoes. Cook over low heat for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add salt, pepper, and spices as needed. Try on the go.
- Once everything is cooked, turn off the stove and add the spinach. Mix gently and cook in hot soup for a few minutes.
- Serve and add fresh cilantro as a garnish.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 6-8 servings
Keywords: vegan curry soup, 1 pot meals, easy vegan meals, vegan lentil curry soup
Other comforting recipes to choose from: