This easy homemade strawberry chia jam is delicious and made with only 3 main ingredients! Chia jam is perfect for making a nutritious toast in the morning or for adding to your favorite charcuterie board with cheese and crackers.
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1–3 tbsp sugar (to taste)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- If using fresh strawberries, remove the stems and dice strawberries into quarters.
- Turn a medium pot or pan on medium heat and add the strawberries along with the water. Once the water begins simmering, cover the pan with a lid and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and begin mashing the strawberries with the back of a spatula or a potato masher.
- Once all the berries are mashed, add the chia seeds and let simmer for another 3 minutes until chia seeds puff up and get a jelly texture.
- Let cool off and then place into a glass jar. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
*keep. refrigerated after making. Store for up to a week in the refrigerator or freeze for 3 months.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American