This easy homemade strawberry chia jam is delicious and made with only 3 main ingredients! Chia jam is perfect for making a nutritious toast in the morning or for adding to your favorite charcuterie board with cheese and crackers.
Strawberry Chia Jam
This strawberry chia jam is incredibly easy to make and its taste and texture will blow your mind. The chia seeds add amazing texture but also add nutritional benefits. Chia seeds are packed with fiber, healthy fats, and protein. They make this chia jam one of the healthiest jams out there!
It also makes for a perfect gift. Make a large batch of chia jam and place it in small glass containers to complete a gift basket for birthdays, mother’s day, or the holidays. I personally love to add this jam to a nice gift basket with nuts/seeds, crackers, a bottle of wine, and vegan cheese.
Strawberries: Classic strawberry jam is my personal favorite but feel free to mix it up and use your favorite fruits. I highly recommend a mixed berry jam with blueberries, raspberries, and maybe even cherries! Frozen fruit is totally okay to use, fresh or frozen the jam will come out great.
Chia seeds: There truly is no alternative for chia seeds as they are the perfect seed to achieve the “jam” texture. Any chia seeds will work!
Sweetener: I used regular cane sugar but you can also use maple syrup, agave, or even sugar alternatives for those that have diabetes.
How To Eat Chia Jam
- On toast: I love a classic nut butter and chia jam toast. Try switching up the nut butter; almond butter, cashew butter, or even sunflower seed butter!
- Cheese and Crackers: Buy a vegan spreadable cheese and pair it with crackers and some chia jam.
- Yogurt: Make a delicious parfait with greek yogurt and some Bakery on Main granola.
- Baked goods: I love using it as a filling for baked goods or to make thumbprint cookies.
- Pancake topping: Have you tried adding chia jam to pancakes or waffles? SO GOOD!