The best vegan waffles you will ever try! This recipe is a classic take on the fluffy waffle. Soft on the inside but crispy on the outside. Enjoy with fresh berries, maple syrup, and a glass of plant-based milk on the side.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Make vegan buttermilk by mixing almond milk, vanilla extract, and ACV in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the baking powder and salt.
- Add the maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of the melted butter, and buttermilk to the large bowl with the flour. Use a spatula to combine all the ingredients; don’t over mix, lumps are fine. Preheat the waffle iron. Use the other tablespoon of butter to lightly grease the waffle iron. This amount of butter should work for all waffles. Measure out 1/2 cup of batter and pour into waffle iron. Close and cook.
- Your waffle maker should let you know when it’s ready, but in case you don’t just check when steam stops coming out, that means it’s ready!
- Serve fresh and top with your favorite fruits, nut butters, and maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 6 waffles
Keywords: vegan waffles, Vegan gluten free waffles, cirspy waffles, fluffy waffles