This lentil kale salad is nourishing but incredibly satisfying and flavorful. The various textures and flavors from the lentils, vegetables, herbs, and lemon olive oil dressing make you feel like you’re on top of the world.
- 2 cups green lentils, cooked and drained
- 1 cup baby kale, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1–2 cucumbers or zucchinis, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley or basil, minced
- 1 avocado (optional)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or pumpkin seeds
- 2 limes or lemons, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- Place a medium pot of water to boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and add lentils.
- Cook lentils for about 12-14 minutes until soft but not mushy! Immediately drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to cool off and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Roughly chop the kale, and prep all other vegetables and herbs meanwhile.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Once lentils are chilled, add all salad ingredients to a salad bowl along with the dressing and toss to combine.
- Add avocado and any other toppings you’d like and serve.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Salads
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: Lentil kale salad, vegan salad, vegan protein salad