This Mexican Coleslaw Bowl is fresh, satisfying, and incredibly nourishing. This recipe is simple and easy to make and has a variety of flavors and textures that combine extremely well; fresh cabbage pico, meaty grilled mushrooms and zucchini, and creamy Peruvian beans. They all come together with a hint of lime and some authentic salsa.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 tomatoes, diced or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 purple onion, diced
- 1–2 jalapeno or serrano peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, diced
- 2–3 limes, juiced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and prep your vegetables. Shred the cabbage and dice the onion, tomatoes, peppers, and cilantro. Add everything to a mixing bowl and add lime juice, salt, and pepper. Mix together well.
- Turn a griddle on high heat and add a tablespoon of oil. Season slices of zucchini with salt, pepper, and onion powder and grill on high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until char marks appear. Take off the heat and set aside when done.
- To the same griddle add another tablespoon of oil. Add sliced mushrooms to the pan along with soy sauce/choice of sauce and onion powder. Cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add homemade beans to a bowl, top with grilled zucchini, mushrooms, and a generous serving of Mexican coleslaw.
*refrigerate for up to 7 days but eat within 4 days to preserve freshness
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Sides
- Method: No-cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Mexican coleslaw, healthy coleslaw, vegan coleslaw, mexican side dishes, mexican veggie recipes, vegan mexican recipes