These air-fried Brussel sprouts are crispy, savory, garlicky, and absolutely addicting. You’ll only need 7 main ingredients, and about 10 minutes of labor to get these done. They are perfect as a side, salad ingredient, summertime barbecues, potlucks, and even meal prep!
Air Fried Brussel Sprouts
Roasted brussel sprouts are delicious yes, but have you tried air-fried brussel sprouts?! They are so crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and most importantly, you don’t have to preheat the oven 🙂 However, if you don’t have an air fryer, I also included instructions to roast these in the oven.
This air-fried brussel sprout recipe will most likely turn a brussel sprouts hater into a brussel sprout lover! It is honestly one of the best ways I’ve ever made brussel sprouts and I’m so excited to finally share it with you. Add these brussel sprouts to a delicious quinoa nourish bowl like the image below!
Air fried Brussel Sprouts Highlights:
- Savory, slightly sweet, nutty, and caramelized flavors
- Ready in about 15-20 minutes
- Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside
- High in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin K
- Easy to make and minimal dishes
Brussel sprouts: Try to choose brussel sprouts that are similar in size so they can cook evenly. The cook time may differ depending on the size of your brussel sprouts so be sure to check on them consistently to avoid burning them. If you have random brussel sprouts that are just real big, dice them in quarters rather than half.
Olive oil: I like using extra virgin olive oil for this recipe but you can also use avocado oil, sesame oil, or any neutral oil.
Tamari or soy sauce: Adds umami flavor making it extra savory. No need to add salt if using these but feel free to adjust to taste.
Agave or Maple syrup: This adds a bit of sweetness and helps caramelize the brussel sprouts.
Garlic/onion powder: Garlic and onion powder will help coat the brussel sprouts evenly unlike fresh garlic and onion. This also helps get it crispy!
Corn starch: Not absolutely necessary but helps get them extra crispy.
Air Fryer Tips:
- The cook time may vary depending on the type of air fryer you have. Consistently check your brussel sprouts every 4-5 minutes to avoid burning them.
- Most air fryers don’t need to be preheated but double-check just in case yours does.
- I personally love using my Ninja air fryer. The quality is amazing, you can roast, dehydrate, and control the texture easily. It’s perfect if you’re looking for something somewhat compact and are cooking for 2-4 people.
- If your brussel sprouts aren’t getting crispy, add less. Sometimes they won’t crisp up as well because there are too many in the air fryer.
Dishes to Pair Brussels with:Print
Air-Fried Brussel Sprouts
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Diet: Vegan
These air-fried brussel sprouts are crispy, savory, garlicky, and absolutely addicting. You’ll only need 7 main ingredients, and about 10 minutes of labor to get these done. They are perfect as a side, salad ingredient, summertime barbecues, potlucks, and even meal prep!
- 2 cups brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Slice brussel sprouts in half or quarters if they are too big.
- Add to a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, soy sauce/tamari, agave/maple syrup, and combine well using tongs.
- Next add garlic powder, onion powder, and corn starch. Mix again to coat evenly.
- Air fry for 10-15 minutes on 400 F. Air frying time may vary, please see notes and tips above.
- If using the oven, bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Sides
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fried brussel sprouts, brussel sprout recipe
One thought on “Air-Fried Brussel Sprouts”
Do you mean Brussels sprouts?