The best vegan mushroom alfredo pasta you will ever have! It’s incredibly creamy, super satisfying, and easy to make. The sauce is nutrient-dense and provides healthy fats, protein, and lots of vitamins!
Why is Vegan Mushroom Alfredo than regular Alfredo?
What’s not to love about Alfredo sauce? It’s creamy, comforting and delicious. What if I told you I created a much healthier version that is vegan & bloat-free? Well get ready because my version of Alfredo sauce will make you devour the entire bowl without the post-Alfredo sauce food coma!
This Alfredo sauce get’s it’s creaminess from blending soaked cashews together with vegetables and spices. It is nutritious and anti-inflammatory! Make it for the pickiest of eaters and I can almost guarantee that they will love it.
Vegan Mushroom Alfredo Sauce Substitutes:
- You can use slivered skin-free almonds instead of cashews or silken tofu for a nut-free option! I have also tried using 1.5 cups of cauliflower instead of cashews and it worked well, just add 1 tbsp olive oil to supplement the healthy fat.
- Don’t have potato? Use cauliflower instead! I love using cauliflower as well with this recipe. Try out Healthienut’s vegan cauliflower alfredo recipe as well!
- Looking for extra protein? Use chickpea or lentil pasta instead!
- The liquids: I use a mix of vegetable broth and almond/cashew milk to add extra flavor and creaminess to the sauce. However, you can feel free to use water, all vegetable broth or all plant-based milk. I have tried it with all three options and it still came out delish!
- Apple Cider Vinegar is also a great substitute for lemon juice.Make this recipe unique by recreating it in a different way each time. I love adding broccoli instead of mushrooms sometimes or adding whole roasted chickpeas for extra texture and flavor. Everyone’s palate is unique so find what out what works best for you! Don’t forget to make it, snap a photo and tag @healthysimpleyum so I can check it out!
Other Delicious Vegan Recipes:
Crispy “Breaded Tofu” (Pictured above) pairs well with this pasta!Print