Sopa de fideo is a simple yet comforting pasta soup that is a staple in every Mexican household. It’s a super easy 6-ingredient, short angel hair-style pasta in a light and savory tomato broth.
- 8 oz Fideo pasta (see above)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or any neutral oil)
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, and about 1/2 cup of vegetable broth to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place a pot on medium heat and add oil. Once oil is hot, add the fideo and fry until golden brown. Move frequently to avoid burning!
- Once fideo is golden brown, add the tomato puree and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth into the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, quickly reduce to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes until fideo is soft but not breaking apart.
- Taste and add salt as needed. Serve with a bit of cilantro and a side of tortillas.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: vegan sopa de fideo, sopa de fideo, mexican noodle soup, easy mexican soup