These 10-ingredient Mango Lemon Bars are the frozen treats that you need to fulfill your sweet tooth! They are made with simple and wholesome ingredients but taste as they came straight out of an ice cream shop. Make them as a delicious, vegan, and gluten-free treat for the entire family.
What makes these Mango Lemon Bars the BEST?
Easy and Quick: These frozen mango lemon bars take about 20 minutes of actual labor. All you need is a food processor, a loaf pan (~9×5), and a blender. They are also pretty fun to make if you ask me!
Wholesome: The main ingredients include mango, coconut milk, oats, and walnuts. So much fiber, vitamins, and protein in one treat!
Satisfying and delicious: This cold summer treat is heavenly and tastes like a tropical getaway. Hard to believe when it only has 10 ingredients but you’ll have to make them and try them out yourself!
Tips and Substitutes:
- I highly recommend using full-fat coconut milk and coconut oil. This provides a creamy texture for the mango sorbet/ice cream. If you use reduced-fat or leave out coconut oil, the texture will be “icy” and less creamy.
- I normally use frozen mango chunks because they tend to be more affordable and sweeter. If using frozen mango, allow the chunks to defrost before blending together with the other ingredients. Fresh mango is totally fine to use! Fresh mango will sometimes provide a richer color.
- Turmeric is totally optional but it adds color and more anti-inflammatory properties for those looking to decrease inflammation in the body.
- I 100% recommend using lemon juice! It adds the perfect level of tart to this recipe.
- Don’t have maple syrup? Use agave instead!
- Rolled oats are the best option for this recipe as they do not get mushy and have the perfect texture. I get mine from Bakery on Main because they are certified gluten-free! Try to avoid quick oats or steel-cut oats.
This is how your crust should look like right after you finish processing it:
The crust should form into a dough when pressed together with your hands like so:
Other delicious summer treats:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream BarsPrint
Mango Lemon Bars
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6–8 bars 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These 10-ingredient Mango Lemon Bars are the frozen treats that you need to fulfill your sweet tooth! They are made with simple and wholesome ingredients but taste like as if they came straight out of an ice cream shop. Make them for a delicious, vegan, and gluten-free treat for the entire family.
- 2 cups mango chunks
- 1 can whole fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1–2 lemons, juiced
- 1 –2 tsp turmeric (optional*)
- 1/4 cup granola (optional for topping)
- 2 cups of Bakery on Main Rolled Oats, blended
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 5 dates, soaked and pitted
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix ground flaxseed with water and allow flax egg to form (3-5 minutes). Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Create oat flour by blending the oats in a blender until fine flour forms.
- Add walnuts to a food processor and blend until crumb-like texture forms.
- Add oat flour, soaked dates, flax egg, and salt to the processor. Process until a dough forms. If it does not appear to be dough use your hands to form it and if it sticks, you did it!
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper to remove the bars easier when they are done. Add dough to the loaf pan. Use your hands to press down, then use the back of a spatula to flatten it out. Set aside.
- Add mango chunks to a blender, along with coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over crust and add crumbled granola. Freeze overnight or for a minimum of 5 hours.
- When ready to serve, defrost for 20-30 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Serving Size: 5 inch bar
One thought on “Mango Lemon Bars”
Excellent recipe. Such clean natural ingredients, not hard to make, and the taste combination is perfect. Deserves more exposure. And thanks.