These 10-ingredient Mango Lemon Bars are the frozen treats that you need to fulfill your sweet tooth! They are made with simple and wholesome ingredients but taste as they came straight out of an ice cream shop. Make them as a delicious, vegan, and gluten-free treat for the entire family.
What makes these Mango Lemon Bars the BEST?
Easy and Quick: These frozen mango lemon bars take about 20 minutes of actual labor. All you need is a food processor, a loaf pan (~9×5), and a blender. They are also pretty fun to make if you ask me!
Wholesome: The main ingredients include mango, coconut milk, oats, and walnuts. So much fiber, vitamins, and protein in one treat!
Satisfying and delicious: This cold summer treat is heavenly and tastes like a tropical getaway. Hard to believe when it only has 10 ingredients but you’ll have to make them and try them out yourself!
Tips and Substitutes:
- I highly recommend using full-fat coconut milk and coconut oil. This provides a creamy texture for the mango sorbet/ice cream. If you use reduced-fat or leave out coconut oil, the texture will be “icy” and less creamy.
- I normally use frozen mango chunks because they tend to be more affordable and sweeter. If using frozen mango, allow the chunks to defrost before blending together with the other ingredients. Fresh mango is totally fine to use! Fresh mango will sometimes provide a richer color.
- Turmeric is totally optional but it adds color and more anti-inflammatory properties for those looking to decrease inflammation in the body.
- I 100% recommend using lemon juice! It adds the perfect level of tart to this recipe.
- Don’t have maple syrup? Use agave instead!
- Rolled oats are the best option for this recipe as they do not get mushy and have the perfect texture. I get mine from Bakery on Main because they are certified gluten-free! Try to avoid quick oats or steel-cut oats.
This is how your crust should look like right after you finish processing it:
The crust should form into a dough when pressed together with your hands like so: