Get ready to make some of the best vegan quesadillas of your life! These quesadillas are filled with my homemade, stretchy, vegan cheese, salsa verde and your choice of plant-based meat. Put your on twist on these by adding your favorite salsa, avocado, cilantro, jalapeños and more.
What makes these the best Vegan Quesadillas?
The star of the show is my homemade vegan cheese in combination with my homemade salsa verde. Making vegan cheese at home is the best way to get is stretchy and melty. The combination of the cheese + salsa give these quesadillas a delicious, authentic flavor. I used my stretchy vegan cheese recipe but added extra garlic! Here is what I used to make the cheese:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Click here for full cheese recipe!
Tips for the best Vegan Quesadillas:
I like using corn tortillas because it feels more authentic but feel free to use flour tortillas as well. The best option in my opinion.. handmade corn tortillas! That would level-up this recipe fosho!
Use freshly made cheese for best results. Make your cheese right before you plan to prepare your quesadillas. The longer you wait, the less gooey/stretchy it will get.
Add salsa verde into your quesadilla after it has been on the griddle to avoid it drying out
Don’t have cashews? Almonds will work as well. Make sure they are slivered, skinless almonds for a smoother product.
Adding a plant-based meat is optional but highly recommended. I used Adda Veggie for the ones photographed. I used the chipotle adobo flavor and it was delicious! Here are some other vegan meats that have an authentic Mexican flavor:
I recommend crumbling it instead of slices it so that it fits nicely inside the quesadilla.
This jackfruit carnitas recipe would go perfect inside these quesadillas!
Dice the portobello mushrooms into smaller pieces for this recipe.
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 10–12 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Get ready to make some of the best vegan quesadillas of your life! These quesadillas are filled with my homemade, stretchy, vegan cheese, salsa verde, and your choice of plant-based meat. Put your own twist on these by adding your favorite salsa, avocado, cilantro, jalapeños, and more.
- 8–10 corn tortillas
- 1–2 cups of my vegan cheese
- 1/2–1 cup of salsa verde
- 1 cup vegan meat crumbles*
- Make the cheese according to the recipe, click here.
- Turn a griddle on medium heat and heat your tortillas quickly on both sides just to get them warm.
- Next, add 2 tbsp (or however much your heart desires) of vegan cheese and meat crumbles if you’re using any.
- Close quesadilla in half and keep on griddle until cheese gets a bit meltier. Flip after about 3-5 minutes or longer if you want it crispy.
- Take off the griddle, open quesadillas briefly to add salsa. Serve and top with cilantro.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Mexican
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
One thought on “Vegan Quesadillas”
Can’t wait to try these, and your vegan cheese!