This Pumpkin French Toast is cozy, moist, lightly sweet, and incredibly satisfying. It is the perfect fall breakfast and it’s super easy to make. Serve with creamy greek yogurt, pumpkin maple syrup, or whipped cream, and enjoy!
Pumpkin French Toast
This pumpkin French toast is golden and crispy on the outside but soft and moist on the inside. It is the perfect recipe to make for a cozy weekend morning, with a side of coffee and a good book. The pumpkin flavor is not overwhelming, and everything comes together well with the spices, maple syrup, and soft bread.
Fall is my favorite season so I may be a little biased when I say this but this is the best French toast I’ve ever had. There is something about the pumpkin puree and the warming spices that make it extra cozy.
Ingredients, Tips, and Substitutes:
- Bread: I highly recommend using thick slices of Texas toast or vegan brioche. If you don’t have these accessible, try French bread or even sourdough. Make sure the bread is at least 1-2 days old because it can get too soggy if it’s too fresh/soft.
- Milk: I recommend using soy milk for the consistency and it has extra protein! Almond milk is also a great choice for this recipe.
- Pumpkin puree: I recommend getting canned pumpkin puree to make your life easier. Keep in mind that all canned pumpkin puree varies depending on the brand. I just use trader joes brand.
- Maple syrup: The best option for this recipe but you can also use agave or your choice of sweetener.
- Vegan butter: I like to use Earth Balance or Miyokos.
- Flax Egg: 1 tbsp flax + 1/4 cup water. If you don’t have flaxseed meal, use corn starch instead.
- Gluten-Free: Choose your favorite gluten-free bread!
- Toppings: My personal favorites include: Maple syrup + pumpkin puree mix, vegan greek yogurt, pumpkin seeds, and maple vanilla granola. For the pumpkin maple syrup just mix both of them together until you get the sweetness and consistency that you prefer.