This 3 Bean Salad Recipe is perfect for a quick and easy meal that is filling, balanced, and delicious! It is packed with fiber, protein, and Mexican flavors. Save this recipe for your busy weeks, potlucks, or meal preps!
Highlights of this 3 Bean Salad Recipe
- Quick and Easy: This recipe has been one of my go-to recipes for years for days when I am super busy but want a super easy, convenient, nutritious meal that is also extremely tasty.
- Fresh and Flavorful: This delicious 3 bean salad recipe is made Mexican-style. The flavors that you get from this combination of simple ingredients are so fresh and flavorful! The variety of beans also adds great texture and diversity.
- Ready in minutes: This recipe can be ready in 10 minutes or less. Ever get home exhausted from your long day and realize you still have to make dinner? If you keep these ingredients around you won’t have to worry anymore!
- Great for sharing: This 3 bean salad is great for making large batches. Potlucks, meal prep, picnics, family get-togethers, or for a lazy weekday dinner.
- Packed with nutrients: This dish has lots of protein, fiber, healthy fats, and antioxidants. It is also rich in iron and vitamin C which means your body absorbs this iron better because iron and vitamin C work together!
Tips and Substitutes:
This recipe is super meal prep-friendly. For best results, dice the avocado last to avoid oxidation (brown color). However, if you add extra lime juice it will preserve the color and freshness of the avocado.
- Feel free to play around with the ingredients to make your own kind of bean salad! Add extra vegetables such as zucchini and bell peppers.
- Try using different types of beans or substitute one of them with lentils.
- Want to add extra “heartiness”? Try adding cooked quinoa to make it extra filling and delicious!
- Since this is a burrito bowl-style or a Mexican salad, try adding a fresh salsa to it! I’ve have it with salsa verde before and boy was it delicious! There are so many ways to change the overall flavor of this recipe and make it your own.
More Nutritious Recipes:
Homemade Beans (if you’re looking to make them from scratch!)Print