These easy 15-minute Garlic Chili Oil Noodles will be your new favorite lazy meal! They’re spicy, garlicky, and packed with umami flavor. It’s one of those dishes you can whip up with minimal effort and still impress your folks!
Garlic Chili Oil Noodles
If you’ve been on TikTok, I’m sure you’ve seen these Garlic Chili Oil Noodles going viral, and for good reason! The flavors of the chili flakes, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, and a bit of sugar combine incredibly well to make this satisfying dish. This delicious noodle recipe is perfect for a lazy dinner that can be ready in 4 easy steps:
- Cook the noodles or buy pre-cooked noodles. See below.
- Add sauce ingredients to a bowl.
- Heat up oil and pour oil over the sauce ingredients.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the sauce.
Tips and Substitutes:
- Noodles: I usually visit my local Asian market to buy thick udon noodles. For this specific recipe, I used Trader Joe’s Thai Wheat noodles. The best part? They are already cooked so it saves a step! I also recommend getting the curly-type noodles also found at local Asian markets such as 99 Ranch.
- Sugar: I don’t recommend skipping this one as it really balanced the flavors out. You can also use brown sugar, maple syrup, or agave.
- Chili flakes: I used Gochugaru chili flakes as they have a bright red color and great flavor. You can also use a red chili powder of your choice.
- Garlic: I like using 3 medium-large garlic cloves for this one but you do you! Just don’t skip it and try to not substitute it with garlic powder.
- Dark soy sauce: Not absolutely necessary but it does add a nice color and extra umami to the noodles. If you can’t find dark soy sauce, just use an extra 1/2 tablespoon of regular soy sauce. Use Tamari for a gluten-free option.
- Black Vinegar: You can also use rice vinegar if you don’t have black vinegar.
Make a Balanced Meal with Garlic Chili Oil Noodles
Make this delicious Crispy Tofu to add protein.
Try this Garlicky Broccoli to add more veggies.Print